Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He Jumped From On Top Of The Sofa And Landed On His Bottom Now He's Limping And Not Running Around As Usual, What Do I Do...he Doesnt Want To Put Weight On It...he's Also Hiding From Us, Is It Bad??

· Registered
5,265 Posts
I personally would take him to a vet and have X-Rays done just to be safe, he may not have broken something, he could have fractured something, only a vet would be able to fully diagnose such a thing....How far did he jump/fall???

· Registered
5,265 Posts
I dont mean to be rude, but the common response will have to be "If you cant afford the vet, you shouldn't have the pet" Usually people save up $$ for emergencies for their pet and keep it always set aside...will your parents help you??

· Salamander Burgermuffin
2,774 Posts
Im not sure what you were expecting anyone on here to say.. you say your rabbit is not putting any weight on it, and hes hiding, it sounds like hes seriously hurt.. Taking him to a vet would be the only responsible answer from anyone. If you cant afford to take him to the vet, maybe your parents or a friend could loan you some money, or perhaps you could talk to the vet about making some kind of payments, alot of vets understand that unexpected things happen, and will try to work with you.

· Registered
5,265 Posts
Im not sure what you were expecting anyone on here to say.. you say your rabbit is not putting any weight on it, and hes hiding, it sounds like hes seriously hurt.. Taking him to a vet would be the only responsible answer from anyone. If you cant afford to take him to the vet, maybe your parents or a friend could loan you some money, or perhaps you could talk to the vet about making some kind of payments, alot of vets understand that unexpected things happen, and will try to work with you.
:yes:

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you very much i just didnt like what she said.....i had lost my job and my mom doesnt want to help cuz she has her own money problems are you sure they would have some kind of agreement, he walks around slowly but hes not running around like he usually does

· Registered
5,265 Posts
*make sure the vet is also experienced w/small animals/bunnies* :)

· Registered
8,901 Posts
Please be sure to read our Community Guidelines and keep in mind that our members only have the best interests of the animals at heart.
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/rules.php
Here is a relevant portion:
This is an animal oriented forum. At no time will allowances be made for the intentional infliction of needless pain and/or suffering on any animal. Animal neglect is a form of abuse and is defined as situations where an animal is left without food, water or shelter, or when proper veterinary care was not obtained. The moderators and administrators encourage all members to seek qualified veterinary care when its need is indicated and at no time can we offer medical advice in lieu of a qualified veterinarian.

· RAT ADDICT
19,823 Posts
*make sure the vet is also experienced w/small animals/bunnies* :)
I agree.

Some vets will let you make payments and I know there are vets for low income families out there.Maybe check and see if there are any rabbit vets in your area that are low income or will let you make payments.

· Premium Member
4,281 Posts
People here are only going to tell you that he needs to see a vet. There isn't really much you can do for him yourself other then try to make him comfortable and take him in for x-rays to find out what's going on. If I were you I would call around and talk to rabbit savy vets to see if any of them have any kind of a payment plan or anything so that you won't have to pay everything up front. A lot of vets will try to work something out with you, but make sure you ask them first. Next time you get another pet, keep in mind that if you keep pets, you should be able to afford their medical care. All animals, not just cats and dogs, usually need to see a vet at least once in awhile.

Here's the House rabbit society's list of recomended rabbit vets. Just scroll down and click on your state. I would give some of them a call and ask about payment plans.

Veterinarian Listings

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
but i dont know where there will be a good vet for an exotic pet....theres a vet on 10th street and avenue c in Manhattan i dont know if their for low income families, he's still limping. he moves around but he holds his right leg up and uses his left...im getting worried, the only problem im scared of is that i take him to the vet and they dont let me have my bunny back, and i loose my bunny and get arrested because they'll think im neglecting him and i feed him everyday give him fresh water every 2 days and play with him...i hoped he didnt injure himself when he jumped from the top of the couch...i think he was trying to jump to the bed. im soo worried

· Registered
196 Posts
everyone is saying "take him to the vet" so I wont say that, but I will say that I hope he will be ok. he is a really cute bunny :bounce:

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im soo worried i get confused because he uses his right leg and then holds it up....im worried...wouldnt he make some kind of noise to tell me he's hurting?...like would he be giving me cluesand im not noticing them...cuz ive read they sometimes dont eat when their in pain...and he's been eating a little bit...he ate alot yesterday.

· Salamander Burgermuffin
2,774 Posts
Rabbits are prey animals, If a prey animal shows signs that its hurt, it will become more of a target... if a hurt rabbit in the wild made some sort of noise, it would be telling every predator where it was.. he is however showing you signs that hes hurt.. hes not using his leg..

· Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,936 Posts
Since bunnies are prey animals they very good at hiding their pain. I doubt he would make any noise to let you know he is hurt. My dog did the same thing and he hurt his hip pretty badly. It would have never healed on it's own.
Why would you think that the vet would feel you are not caring for your rabbit? Taking him there would prove that you are caring for him.
And make sure he eats. It's really bad if they stop eating.
You really should try and get him to a vet.

· Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,936 Posts
Sarah - I swear I was typing at the same time you were!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.