Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I found a lost puppy. He has a collar and is shivering. I'm sure he lives nearby because he's just a little puppy and I don't think he could have wandered far. I'm thinking about taking him to the local shelter because my parents won't let me keep him. Any other solutions? I really need help on what to do. I don't want to leave the puppy outside in the cold.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, so i can keep him overnight but tomorrow i have to find her home.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
The best thing would be to call the shelter and see if he is reported missing.

I don't know what time it is there right now (it's 8:30pm here) but a lot of shelters close and you can call and get an emergency line. The problem is it's just for emergencies and they don't care about lost animals, they are more concerned about dangerous dogs and such. It might be different in your area. If I were you I would try to ask your parents if you can maybe keep him in your room or maybe the bathroom or basement until the morning then call the shelter and ask if he is reported missing. I think it would be really cruel to just throw him back outside in the cold where he risks freezing or even worse, getting hit by a car. Maybe you could also knock on some neighbors doors and see if anyone knows whose dog it is.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
you can also post flyers near where you foiund him and in vet orffices and shelters saying found puppy and give them your info so they can contact you. I wish you and the pup the best of luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we got to bring him in. i gave him some warm milk to help him warm up. he immediately got attached to us! and he's kinda scared of leashes. when i let go of it, he would pick up the part i hold and drop it at my feet. also, he would try to knaw it off. i hates the first part of going outside so i have to carry him. and he whines whenever no one's looking at him! and guess what... he's a little wiener dog! with rottwieller like fur. I just wanna find his family. but i'm worried if he was intentionally left out or an accident.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Poor baby! Dachshunds can get cold easily and should be kept indoors. Make sure he gets to his owner or a shelter where they can keep him fed and warm. Don't put him back outside. :( Some shelters will pick up animals in need if you can't get him there. Some dachshunds have a strong escape drive, especially if they hit on a scent trail. He could have dug out of a neighbor's yard. I hope you find his home.

The not wanting to go outside is normal for dachshunds. They don't like getting cold and maybe he thinks he's going to get lost again. Some dachshunds are little attention fiends. He's probably whining for reassurance. Dachshunds and small dogs are really popular, if you take him to a shelter he will probably get adopted quickly. You can also see if there is a dachshund rescue group in your area.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx, i'm a bit ashamed to say, but I never knew what the breed name was. I always said, wiener dog, from some Nick Jr. show. That explains him not wanting to go out. We're looking for his owners. If we can't find or locate the owners, we may keep him ourselves because he's a really nice puppy.

·
Registered
530 Posts
any update on the puppy just for the furture milk is really bad for animals most can't handle dairy products it can also help create calcum blatter stones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts