Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I got a couple of cute pictures of my little furry girls today and I thought I would post them.
Smokey is the dark one (Jersey Woolly/Mini Rex), Valley is the multicolor (Mini Rex).

^^ THIS IS MY DEMON BUNNY - Haha I hate the camera flash, it gives ALL my animals red eye.

Before anybody asks, no they don't live together. I just didn't see a point in taking a picture of Smokey's cage since no one was playing in or around it.
But I have do have two cages. Now that they've both grown up they're pretty territorial - after a couple of minor skirmishes I separated them.
They still love to play together when they get time out of their cages, but if either one of them goes in the others' cage all h*ll breaks loose.
It's actually kind of funny. They can be laying together grooming each other, but if one of them hops up and goes into the "wrong" cage the other bolts after like a bat out of h*ll.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
They're so cute! :D

Are they fixed? If not, that should help with the fighting :).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I got Smokey from a reputable breeder, and Val from a pet store, so I can't be sure about her. I thought her face looked too squishy to be a mini rex, you could very well be right. I know what Smokey is though for sure, LOL.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
:) Very good. Mini rexes and standards are different in that they lack the top coat that makes bunnies bunnies. They are velveteen and have a more pointed nose. The bunny in the right of my siggie is my (late) Akina who was a min rex. Here's my Akin-berry and a neth for comparison. . I could be wrong about her tho and its okay if you were told she was a mini-rex. Stores wll say anything to make a sale -_- And we're all on a learning path!

Or you can google each breed separately :) It could also be that she's got mini rex in her somewhere but not dominant. ^^ Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I love them both!! Esp Val's coloring!

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
beautiful bunnies.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Mousey Thanks! I think so too.

@Purple I think that Val has some mini rex in her somewhere, her ears are very long, but her face definitely looks like the second bunny picture. She's PROBABLY a mix. Like you said, pet stores will say whatever they want to. Either way, she's my cutie patootie brindle baby. Haha, I love her fur too. That's why I picked her.

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Fixing them both may allow them to bond and live together, but it will also prevent reproductive cancers in rabbits. Greater than 80% of female bunnies develop malignant reproductive cancers over the age of 2 years.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huh, I did not know that. How much does it normally cost to get a bunny fixed/what are the risks?

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Risks are incredibly low now due to the increase of popularity. Most vets have done at least one spay but you'll need to prepare yourself and your vet for the surgery. . http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-a=00062824-sp00000000&sp-q=spaying I think this is also the link that has the queations in finding a rabbit-savvy vet :D It is safe and price varies depending on vets. If you can hook up with a low cost spay-neuter program you can get it done cheap. . I'm in NL and I paid almost 250$ back in 2009.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I'll check out that site - thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More Smokey Pictures!

Val was being cuite camera shy, but I got some CUTE CUTE pictures of Smokey last night!!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Cute pictures!

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
cute pics of bunners

1 - 15 of 15 Posts