Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Are you a vegetarian, vegan or carnivore?

• Vegetarian

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Vegan

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Carnivore

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • Would like to be vegetarian but can't for some reason

Votes: 15 17.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to see who of us is a vegetarian, vegan or carnivore? Also I wondered about those of us who don't eat meat, is the reason animal welfare or something else?

I eat meat but would like to be a vegetarian. I've done few stints but there's a few things I struggle to give up although I don't eat much meat.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Technically, I'm an omnivore, although I don't eat much meat. I don't have a problem with anyone eating meat, although I'm all for buying free-range, locally farmed, antibiotic and hormone-free foods. I don't personally like the texture of most meats much, so I tend to stick to veggie burgers, etc., but you have to watch some of those...they make some of them pretty realistic so I think they're kinda yicky, lol. I also don't have a problem with eggs and milk every now and then, but also use a lot of soy milk and egg substitute as well.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am an omnivore as well (as are most people, I'm pretty sure no one subsists on meat alone, lol). I would like to be a vegetarian but it's just not practical at this point. I live at home while I'm going to school and I basically have to eat what everyone else eats. I could just not eat the meat but then my diet would be imbalanced and I just don't have the means to make sure I stay healthy (ie. supplements, meat substitutes). So yeah, my goal is to become a vegetarian when I'm living on my own. :)

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
= ^ . ^ =

You dont wanna know.

I'm seriously outnumbered anyway.

Ooops :lol:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'm vegetarian and when possible I try to avoid dairy by eating soy cheese and other vegan products. I eat eggs but they're often organic and from a friend who has free-range chickens as pets so I feel good knowing where they're from :).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm an omnivore as well. I couldn't go veggie at this point even if I wanted to for the same reasons as Chantelle.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Amethystbelle said:
I'm a veggie and have been so for the last 14 years (nearly 15 now) and i wouldn't ever go back. I'm a veggie for moral, ethical and animal welfare reasons :)
I am a veggie for the same reasons as Kirsty, and have been since I was 14, so thats a long time ago :) ok 22 years...

·
Title Thief Victim
3,089 Posts
I want to be a vegitarian, because i dont like the fact im eating animals, but i think i would end up starving to death, i eat none stop all day long, and most of it is from animals :-( but i really want to go to vegitarian, i guess id need help first lol

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
:eat:
Omnivore here.

I try to not eat very much red meat...love chicken and fish! I do cave in to the occasional hamburger...:rolleyes:
But i eat way more veggies,dried beans and fruit than i do those meats.

·
Still Waiting
444 Posts
Vegetarian here! Proud of it too! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vegan here.
I don't ilke red meat anyways and I feel bad for the animals. I don't really like much meat at all. I just eat veggies.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I was semi-vegetarian (ate seafood) for several years and I recently started eating chicken again. I don't touch beef or pork.

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
Meat + Fire = Good

I like all kinds of food. I prefer organic, but when my stomach growls, I listen.

I also prefer to do all the food shopping and cooking in the house (my wife has no problem with that!). I find many times that a good animal protein source makes the meal better for me and my guests. Ethnic, raw, steamed, boiled or broiled, seafood, mammal, avian, etc ...heck, even invertebrates all go into making cooking (and eating!) a good meal fun.

bob

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm an omnivore too. I want to eat better and eat less meat, but I wouldn't give it up. I would starve if I did cuz I am a really picky eater.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Proud vegetarian here!I have been veggie since 2002.I do it for moral reasons mainly,but also for health.

I am lacto-ovo,but no longer drink cow milk and never in my life ate eggs...EWWW!I eat some dairy cheese and ice cream and things like that.I can eat cakes and whatnot with eggs,as long as it is not the first ingrediant...if I see/taste or smell eggs,I get sick!I don't eat any meat,fish or poultry!

I am also VERY picky,I might add.I hate salads and most veggies.I have to have my rice and things cooked a certain way or with certain things.I only eat "Heinz" ketchup...etc!People are shocked that I still survive,since I am so darn picky!

Just to let people know,vegetarians can have any meal a meat eater can!We have the options!We can substitute the meat with tofu,soy products,TVP or TSP.

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
I am vegetarian...have been since my b'day (11/04) in 1999, so I will be a veggie 8 years this Saturday. I have been on and off vegan, as I do eat a lot of vegan things, but I am more a Macro Veggie, which is a Asian Vegetarian which eats seafood. I practically live off Japanese foods, also Indian, Pakistani, Thai, Chinese...ALMOST anything Asian.

YUP, I agree, Vegetarians can have Hamburger Helper, with added veggie ground round (faux ground beef), veggie chicken/beef strips, veggie sausages, sandwich meats, hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie meatballs, tofurkey, kabobs...plus TONS more..

·
Registered
23 Posts
i clicked vegetarian because well..i am a vegetarian.
i can't stand eating meat while thinking of the little animal that had to die so that i could have a meal..in any case i could have been eating something not made with meat.
so yes i am vegetarian mostly because of animal welfare.
but also because i am Seventh-Day Adventist.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.