Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I had a bunch of my animals be killed today...:mad2: :(

It is kinda a long story...but in brief,there was a complaint about me having rats/pets around a young child.The complainer thought the animals would make Chloe sick...the thing is,I have had rats long before Chloe was born and she is almost 3 yrs and has never been sick a day in her life (aside from the odd cold).So the city came and took MOST of my rats,my mice and turtle and they were killed.They were euthanized at the vet.

The Humane Society came and even said there was nothing wrong,they said the cages were clean and the animals had food and water and toys.So there was no neglect case.However the city thought that these animals (rodents and turtle are too dirty to have around a child).I have an animal room,where Chloe does not go...plus I always practice good hygiene with my babies.

Anyway because someone THOUGHT they knew what they were talking about killed a bunch of my animals...I am extremely angered and devestated.I have been crying all day and lost all the fight I had...I tried,but only managed to keep a few of my animals.

Because of this...I dunno if I will be on here for abit.Nobody knows how I feel.This was hard and stressful on me!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
OMG...i agree w/ Scarlette, I'm speechless :hug:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Oh my gosh. I don't know what to say either. I'm about to cry and they aren't even my pets.

I am so, so sorry :(.

:hug3:

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
Wow, I have never heard of anything like this before. This scares me that I'll lose one of my pets. My town only allows 2 pets per household and I have three. If they ever made me get rid of one, I don't know what I'd do. So sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I can't believe the thoughtlessness for life these people have, so many lives lost. It's just tragic, my thoughts are with you and your loved ones, here and gone.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
wow
I cant believe this happened to you
im so sorry
I wish you didn't have to go through this
what animals did they let you keep. I hope no one does that to me
sometimes i think i have too many but then again i don't...... I think that if my neighbors new I had the goos they would be afraid as they are exotics and no one has ever heard of them
people feer the unknown kinda like with your girl.....
has she ever had any problems around your animals (alergies or anything)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
what a holes they killed your turtle that is the saddest of them all

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
wow, i'm so sorry. my condolences to you and your family

·
Registered
525 Posts
Oh my god! That is awful! I never realised that they could do that!!

I'm so so sorry for your loss, I honestly don't know what else to say.

:console: :hugg2: :console: :hugg2:

R.I.P little guys!

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
:sorry: :faint: :eek:mg: As you know Lisa I am SO sorry Rats/turtle, they are your life, and I am going to give you my rats!! You will go insane without them to care for, and they are in no way a replacement, but they were children from the ratties you lost. You can even adopt my Kame!! I am so sorry, I am at a loss for words....

:speech: :console: :hug: :grouphug:

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
I found out the social worker pretty much threatened Lisa that they were going with her or the SPCA, and she said if the SPCA came over they all would be gone. So she had to try and save some.

My sister said if the SPCA had came they would have not taken any of them b/c they will only seize pets only if they are being neglected and even then the owners are given a warning.

But the ***** of a social worker probably would have found another way...I don't know HOW she can get away with it, we have to do something about it!! She cannot be allowed to do that!! I am so ANGRY!!

They were brought to my sisters work, the St.John's vet to be euthanized and my sister called to try and save them but it was too late...

It is a tragedy!! My offer still holds up Lisa, you may have them as they were their babies!! So you have them back!! I am so sad about the news!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am sorry, why would anyone do this? It's heartbreaking, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. I am so sorry, I'm speechles.
Rest in peace little guys xxxx

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oh my gosh, that's so awful! I can't believe they could just do that; especially just on the word of someone else without a full investigation. I can't imagine how upsetting that must be. I don't even know what to say. I'm so, so sorry.

·
Registered
607 Posts
What CRAP is that!? I can't believe that. Where the heck do you live? I'd sue. I really would, there is no law, I'd just sue. And You'd win too.

I'm so angry for you I can hardly type! I am so so sorry you went through this.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
im confused about that post up there..geishagirl you said.."they were going with her or (is this supp to be TO) the SPCA, and she said if the SPCA came over they all would be gone. So she had to try and save some."

So who is they and who then did take the rats out of her home to be euthanised?? The city?? I didnt think the city can do something that the Human Society says was ok cuz there was no neglect in Lisas case. And i thought they try to rehome animals too or at least give you a warning before they take your pets away, give you time to clean up your act up to their standards. Im confused as to who actually went ahead and did this.Was Lisa home when they came? How many rats did she have?
Its a sad outcome :(

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.