Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm a new user and i want to see if you could help me.

MY Ap biology class adopted some mouses from elementary, and one of them has recently got sick. He seems to be really bloated and inflated. He is very lethargic, but in the good side is that he is eating and pooping normally. In about an hour we are gonna check him for mites, but he has all his fur and no signs of it. Does anyone has any idea of what this could be? We dont want him to die, we already love him so much. Please help =(

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
How is his breathing? Any discharge around the eyes/nose? Signs of abdominal pain when you touch him? (Is he squeezing in his sides at all?)

Mites are not visible to the human eye--they will leave red pin-sized dots, especially around the neck and chin.

If he seems to be in pain and acting abnormally, I recommend you take him to the vet as soon as possible. He might need medication if he is sick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He seems to be in a lot of abdominal pain, he has no secretions at all and he seems to be breathing fine.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You need to have him checked by a small animal vet who knows about mice. Do you have a local small animal veterinarian you can take him to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts