Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine's friend dropped her unwanted rat off to me last night.She is moving and claims she can't bring him with her.She brought all of his things over (carrier,food,bedding,dishes...etc,etc)...except the cage and the reason was,she told me somewhere down the line she wanted another pet...:rolleyes: :(...so she is abandoning the poor rat and wants something else later.

I took him cause she said if he does not go somewhere by today,she was having him euthanized. He is about 1 1/2 yrs old,HEALTHY and there is no reason to have him euthanized...so I agreed to take him. I was only going to take him temporarily (to at least save him from dying)...but I like him,he is very mellow and friendly,so I am going to keep him. I am now at my limit though,so I will have to turn down any future rats. At least for awhile.

Anyway the rat is BIG and his name is Bill. I am changing his name and was thinking either Viking or Warrior...but cannot really decide. What do ya'll think? And I will get pics ASAP.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i like warrior :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well since he is a BIG rat and his name is Bill, why not just call him Big Bill? Sounds perfect for him!

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
my vote is also warrior!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have decided on Viking. I asked people on Facebook and it was tied. One of my friends also said I should name him Viking Warrior...but I decided on just Viking.

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Glad you are able to give him a great home. I hate when people say they are not allowed their pet, cannot afford it, do not have time for it, ect... But will not give up the cage and such. Like we do not know what they are secretly trying to do.
I have been given many animals that way.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you are able to give him a great home. I hate when people say they are not allowed their pet, cannot afford it, do not have time for it, ect... But will not give up the cage and such. Like we do not know what they are secretly trying to do.
I have been given many animals that way.
I know. I mean,if she doesn't want the rat cause she can't bring him with her to the new place,why does she need the cage? :rolleyes: My friend told me that she is pretty sure this girl and her boyfriend just got bored of the poor rat and didn't wanna take care of him no more. My friend has known this girl for years apparently,so she would know her better then me.

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Same thing happened to me of how I got my current mice. Her friend just got bored of them and told her she was going to "release them back into the wild" if she did not come get them.
Yet she kept her rats and hamsters. And she kept all the mouse supplies (wheel, food dish, water bottle, ect..) She just gave her them and the cage.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW...:mad2:
Someone some yrs ago tried manipulating me by saying they were going to put their rat outdoors if I didn't take him. I COULDN'T take him at the time and sure enough,the guy released the rat around my home!
:mad2:

I never ever saw the rat,but people kept telling me they seen him hanging around. I kept my eye for the poor guy,but never seen him. The last I heard he was probably poisoned because the lady who last saw him said he was walking strange and acting weird. People piss me off.

This guy would of been put to sleep if I didn't take him...why people feel the need to manipulate me into taking a rat I dunno...but I cannot take in ANYMORE now. Makes me sad,but I know my limits.

And thats dumb,if that girl didn't want the mice...she should of gave up their supplies too!

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
That is horrible.
I heard of a story like yours. I was talking to my husband's young cousin and he was telling me that he bought a Cavy for his female one and it turned out to be a male so his mom was going to put it to sleep! Just because he was a male on accident he had to die!
What I do no get is she was willing to pay 45-75$ to euthanize him but not $10 to put him in the paper?
Luckly someone at the vets took him home.
Some people...

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is horrible.
I heard of a story like yours. I was talking to my husband's young cousin and he was telling me that he bought a Cavy for his female one and it turned out to be a male so his mom was going to put it to sleep! Just because he was a male on accident he had to die!
What I do no get is she was willing to pay 45-75$ to euthanize him but not $10 to put him in the paper?
Luckly someone at the vets took him home.
Some people...
WOW...I have no words. He can't help that he was born male.
Maybe they should of sexed him properly before bringing him home.

Some people indeed...:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts