19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Viking.

This is the carrier he was brought in.

Handsome boy.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
What an awesome scruffy boy. Did I miss a thread where you got him?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Awww, he is so cute and fluffy!! I'm glad he's got a loving home now! :D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
New additions regardless of the reason are so much fun!

On that note: I couldn't imagine extinguishing a life just because someone didn't want to take care of "it" anymore. I also hate that "releasing back into the wild" junk. You can't put it back if it was never there to begin with. Everybody wants animals to be domesticated but only when it serves a purpose to them. Once they are, if it is no longer of any interest, one again do something that only serves you. People and their ignorance astound me (even though I know they shouldn't).

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
He is very hansome. I love how scruffy he is. :)
It is like he is wearing a mask. Is his throat area also white?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Vanilla, he is just BEAUTIFUL. Really beautiful, and I am so very glad he is with you now and has a loving home, as Breyer said. His eyes are just gorgeous..such a sweetness and gentleness to his eyes...sigh! I just adore him. :) What a cutie pie, big time!

Can't wait to see more pics of him in the coming days and weeks. Give him a big smoochy kiss for me, okay? :)
Thank the gods you took him. He LOOKS like a lover, for sure!

Ratchilla, I agree with you 100 percent. We have all seen the ignorance and cruelty of people when it comes to disposing of animals like an old lamp and it makes me so angry I could just...explode! We human beings can be the stupidest of species, eh?

But thanks to people like Vanilla, we are also capable of incredible generosity, love and kindness toward animals, so we can keep that thought in mind. :approve:

Peace!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

He is very hansome. I love how scruffy he is. :)
It is like he is wearing a mask. Is his throat area also white?
Yupmhe has a white throat. So it would appear he has a mask or a hood on! :D

Vanilla, he is just BEAUTIFUL. Really beautiful, and I am so very glad he is with you now and has a loving home, as Breyer said. His eyes are just gorgeous..such a sweetness and gentleness to his eyes...sigh! I just adore him. :) What a cutie pie, big time!

Can't wait to see more pics of him in the coming days and weeks. Give him a big smoochy kiss for me, okay? :)
Thank the gods you took him. He LOOKS like a lover, for sure!

Ratchilla, I agree with you 100 percent. We have all seen the ignorance and cruelty of people when it comes to disposing of animals like an old lamp and it makes me so angry I could just...explode! We human beings can be the stupidest of species, eh?

But thanks to people like Vanilla, we are also capable of incredible generosity, love and kindness toward animals, so we can keep that thought in mind. :approve:

Peace!
Thanks.

He is really sweet & gentle and very calm. He is only 1 1/2 yrs old,but he reminds me of a little old man! He doesn't do much,but he will sit with me and the last few nights he has just lay on the couch with me (I need to get pics,but my camera has been acting up lots lately...:(...hope it holds out for at least one more month) and he just seems content to be around humans.

He is in quarantine now,but later I am going to attempt to introduce him to another pair and hopefully he will be fine with them. But since he has been living alone for who knows how long...he may be one of those rare loner rats. Time will tell.

I'm glad I could take him in too,cause otherwise he would be dead now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts