Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k., before you all tell me to go and look under a tree . . . :roflmao:, I'm serious. Where can I find Walnuts in their shells? And I don't know where a Walnut tree is. Hee Hee. :lol: I want them for my Degus for an occasional treat and for their teeth. But I can't find them in grocery stores. Anyone have any ideas?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Smudge has a toy that has some sort of niut in it... Its one of thse Knot nibbler things. But we have a whole bunch of nuts that ar still in shells! Try fleet farm or something... I THINK they are there, not sure tho. ;)

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
here's the thing Jess is talking about:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753368

Then you can go to most grocery stores and find them in the section by dried fruits, nuts ....you can see them in a mixed section usually...if not i've seen them down the "snack" isle...like where the chips, cashews, etc. are :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will go and check out that site right now. I've seen them only in the stores already shelled. But I am looking for them still in the shell. They are really hard to find. I've looked in all of our grocery stores and so far, no luck.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oooooh, Thank you everyone! Jess, I have one of those knot thingys. But by going on the web, I got an idea and I found a site that ships whole walnuts! Sometimes it just helps to talk to friends and get ideas. :yes: Everyone's help was much appreciated. I will order some when they are open tomorrow. :hapdance:

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Yay! ^^

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
My rats got one of those knot nibbler things in their stocking for Christmas. They promptly obliterated it.

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
aren't they in the produce aisle? that's where ours are. Or you could try a natural food store, or co-op

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
what about a bulk barn? do you have those in the states? here bulk barn is a store full of bins of bulk, unpackaged things. they have everything from dried fruits, nuts, candies, flour, tea, and pet food

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
my grandma has a walnut tree, she has tons lol every grocery store here has walnuts in shells right by the veggies...also at the street market...glad you found some on line to buy :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts