Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a pouch food replacement ever since the pet food recall, since Natural choice pouched food was pretty much all one of my cats liked to eat (vet recommends wet food with additional water since she has abnormal kidneys). Ever since the recall I've been unable to find anything she really likes - I'm guessing it was the gravy that interests her. I noticed that Wellness has pouched food now and gave them a shot - they were a hit, and there is no wheat gluten!

For Cats - Pouches

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just a far reach but have you tried any kind of raw food? After the recalls alot of people have started going raw. If you've got older cats they may not eat it, my ancient one won't touch it, but my younger cat loves it. Raw food has absolutely no what gluten!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sprout won't eat meat unless it's mashed up with some sort of gravy so raw seems unlikely to work. I tried a few homemade recipes between the recall and now to see what she might like, and she wouldn't take a bite. She likes those pouches. It's more important to me that she's getting the food into her with the additional water to support kidney health.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I totally understand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts