Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
756 views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Carissa 
#1 ·
Title says it all. What are you getting your pets for christmas? :)

#3 ·
For the dogs I want to get Sophie some bones and treats plus a new sweater. I already got Rocky a rawhide gift basket (even the basket is edible, lol) which he should love because Christmas is the only time he ever gets rawhide. I'll also get Rocky some bones and maybe a new Kong or some other puzzle toy. I want to get the dogs these new toys I saw by Nylabone...one is shaped like ribs and the other one is corn...they're really cute!

As for the bunnies I usually get some sort of treats or chews for them all to share plus a toy for each of them. I got Sakura a plush treat holder but haven't gotten the other bunnies anything yet. Stash will most likely get a rattle and Elvis usually gets a chew toy or something he can shred. I don't know what to get Fiona because she doesn't like toys and isn't crazy about treats....she's weird :lol:. I might get her a stuffed animal or a willow basket because she's never had those before...maybe she'll like them.

I want to get the degus a really soft, cozy bed for the winter. I could never get things like that when I had Rosie since she was a maniac :lol:. Oh, and I always get the degus some walnuts and a Nut Knot Nibbler...their favorite toy!

The spiny mice kind of got early Christmas presents since they got a new tank and some toys. I'll probably end up getting them something small, though. And maybe they can have a walnut like the degus.

The frog and fish (yes, I'm weird) usually get a special treat like live food or something plus a new plant or decoration. I want to completely re-do the frog tank, actually.

Wow...that came out longer then I expected :lol:. Sorry.

#4 ·
we went out and got the dogs stockings to hang on the fireplace, they are large bone shaped...sooo cute :) we got Lady a collar and leash set from Lady and the Tramp, its pink with bows, a bag of toys and a few treats...Puppers got a Pluto collar and leash set, a bag of toys and treats as well...the cat got a beautiful white stocking and we bought her a ton of toys and grooming products...the fish got a stocking to, he got a red stocking and he got a new decoration for his tank, it says no skinny dipping lol and we got a new color of rocks...so we got all the babies covered and will probably add to it next week as well lol

#5 ·
Kali and Orion are getting bones and Kongs (the black ones) The bones will get eaten, but then again, it takes them longer when we get them those big cow leg bones or knuckles. Kongs are the only "toy" they can't destroy within a couple of minutes. They have their own stockings.

The chins, rats, and rabbit will all get new wood chews and some dried fruit treats.

#6 ·
The rats will get some new toys and treats.I wrap them and they like to chew into the paper and end up shredding the wrapping paper too and so I give them the wrapping paper as well for their beds.

The mice get treats as well.

I am thinking of getting Tanjobi (turtle) a nice,big fat goldfish and a new heater or some water sprite for him to munch on.

I am gonna get the geckos some butterworms or waxworms.I wanna get Mystta (my female) a pinky mouse (no...I am not cruel),but I am not paying $2.50 for one at the pet store and I am not breeding mice now (I don't have a male anyway).

The fish usually get treats...last year I found little goldfish treats in Wal-Mart and they were shaped as little goldfish...I dunno the brand,but my guys LOVED it!

I got mom's dog Coco a little BBQ sauce bone and am gonna pick something else up for him and I am thinking of getting their kitty,Illusion something.

#7 ·
im not really sure, ita hard to find toys allie likes, and the few toys she does like, she looses intrest in so fast. she likes rope toys and stuffed animals, but will usually only play with them if shes on the couch with us. she likes hard toys, we got her a Nylabone thing which she loved the first day, but hasnt touched since.. maybe it lost its flavor or something? My mom has always gotten the family dogs rawhides for christmas, or pig ears, but aparently there bad for dogs or something? cuz our vet tells people not to buy them, sad too cuz i bet allie would love them.

#8 ·
I'm getting all of them some sort of new toy... but Picadilly is getting professional photos taken, because he may not be with us next year.

#9 ·
Sounds like everyone's pets will have a great christmas!! :D
My budgie is supposed to be getting a new cage [still never recieved,I'm starting to worry about getting scammed now...]
The miceys are getting a hammock & new wheel + treats.
Rats-New toys + comfort harness...
Doggies-treats,possibly sweaters also =D.
(Want to look for stockings for them)
Fishies -treats& new plants for their tanks.Maybe even new friends [to share their aquariums with]
Turtles will get water sprite...possibly even feeder fish [i'm having an hard time buying fish for that purpose :( They werent fed live fish since I got them]
Crab- will get a 20gallon tank,& 2 new friends,plus treats.
Rabbits & chickens toys galore :lol: & Some special lttle treats.
kitty- toys & treats!
+++ Still a couple weeks before christmas.I'll possibly add on to everyones gifts :lol:

#10 ·
My dog tigger is getting a butt scratter lol

Lilliana(dog) is getting treats and toys, and shirts

Thunder treats...and maybe some toys.

Cats cat tree, and im tileing the cats room floor.

Crabs, new tank

Geckos..Dont knwo yet lol

turtle....clean tank lol

#11 ·
The degus are getting new personalised hammocks (well slumber tunnels) from hammocky hammocks.

http://www.hammockyhammocks.co.uk/

Fantastic site that ships worldwide and all the proceeds go to helping small animals. The hammocks are the best ones i have ever bought and are all handmade to order and really well made. So the degus are all having those plus a few other bits such as a nut each and a bag of dried rose buds between them.

The chins have got a massive hanging wood chew and a christmas basket that is filled with goodies. The hamster, guinea pig, hedgehog, cats and dogs will all get some treats each and the dogs will get a new toy ;)

#14 ·
I will probably end up adding to my pet's lists too! I usually have little stockings for each rat...but that was BEFORE I had 24! LOL...

I will have to check out that site! My only fear about ordering from them,is the crazy shipping prices...since it is UK based!

#15 ·
Maybe a new hammock for the rats, as the boys will be moving into the big cage in a month or so as they are growing. The cats...well I am thinking on starting up a wall of sturdy shelves (like I seen in Petcetera for their adoption kitty's room) and have 4-6 so the cats can jump up and down them and have a nice high place to sleep on, Kilala likes the top of the microwave on top of the fridge. And for the bunny maybe a new toy or something...unsure. I wanna get a nice bobbing toy for the goldfish to play with, Lisa had one before that I liked, so they have something to play with maybe...AND for Kame well probably something to eat...

#16 ·
we saw stockings stuffed full of toys at wal-mart for $5 so i think we will get one for reggie and maybe we will keep him entertained for a day or so-hehe. player will probably get treats, the cats not sure guinea pigs some treats and the birds new toys and some treats.

#17 ·
My dog , Oscar, wants a Kitten sister ( or a big box of greenies :)). The degus wanted a bigger home, so I just built one for them.

The animals always seem to get more than my kids. I don't think they mind, they buy or make them gifts too.

#18 ·
candyraver said:
OH! Thanks for posting that link!! I found it before but that was before halloween & it was temporarily down so I couldnt order!
You are a life saver :lol:
Yes the site was down for a week as the lady who runs its Sarah had a week of to rest as shes always so busy with orders and there was quite a panic on :lol:

Vanilla_Rat said:
I will probably end up adding to my pet's lists too! I usually have little stockings for each rat...but that was BEFORE I had 24! LOL...

I will have to check out that site! My only fear about ordering from them,is the crazy shipping prices...since it is UK based!
The prices are quite reasonable for international delivery. All the prices include delivery and I think she charges £3 extra on top of UK prices so its not too bad compared to some sites ;) I send orders internationally and i know how much stuff costs to post to the US and i don't think they are making any profit on the P&P. You can see the price comparisons if you look at the UK prices and the Outside the UK ones. I can't recommend them enough, they are much better then the ones you get in the shops, they are sturdier, well made and the quality is second to non and they are washable. Also if you want something a little different they will do their best to help. Plus all the proceeds go towards helping small animals :D

#19 ·
Odie is getting a Kong Toy (I ordered it today at the pet store as they usually don't carry them... oh, and it will be full with treats when he opens it, if you know what I mean. 8)... Possibly a plush toy too or some treat... the girls (Charlotte, Valentina and Carolina) will get nylabones (for heavy chewers) and some toys... All the dogs get canned food on that day (Small can for Odie, big cans for each of the girls).
The rodents and the budgies will be probably getting apple... might change it to some other sort of treat... but it will most likely be apple...
The turtle will get a "5-pack" of rosey reds... and some of the worms I'll get for the fish... and I stll don't know what to get Cleo.. maybe a new cave or something... Can't get her waxies or butters cause I order her food online, and I have food for her right now, so I can't really make a big enough order...

#20 ·
Well, the kitties will have the feline greenies treats restocked, of course. Goblin also *needs* a couple more Kitty Hoots Eeks catnip cat toys, which I usually order online and she starts going bonkers for as soon as I bring the box inside (must be some potent catnip in those buggers!). Sprout has a fondness for pink fuzzy mice, which only seem to come packaged in with a bunch of other mice she has no interest in, so I'll try to find some more of those. I think I may also look for something that moves, shakes or jiggles on its own to keep them occupied. Some of their cat furniture is also kinda shredded, so it may get replaced. The frog will just get some juicy feeder fish, and maybe some beef heart.

#21 ·
There is this huge bag of toys at Sam's Club im getting for the dogs. Bruce has chewed most of the eyes and noses off of their toys. Ive had to throw most of them away. Bruce is getting a new bed. Im not sure what I want to get Katie, maybe something to chew on. Sammy, my cat, is getting some yummy gourmet treats and maybe a new bed. The piggies got their present already. They got some new fluffy beds.

#22 ·
Well for my two chinchillas Marlo and Kassy, I am building them a toy for when they are out in my room. They can climb on it, eat hay, take their dust bath.. CHEW all that good stuff.. although im sure after looking at it they will go RIGHT back to chewing on EVERYTHING they shouldnt haha

My betta "Evil Fish" already got a new tank, but its due for cleaning, so... that can count as a present right? =)

annnnddd I am buying a hamster within the next 2 weeks hopefully, just have to get half my cage back from the zoo! haha. So, new cage, toys, owner.... a home is what this new hammy is getting for christmas! =) im so excited!

unfortunately those are my only pets... still living at home with a mom who doesnt like snakes or wont let me get spiny mice sucks! =)

nikki

#24 ·
Chinnies are going to get some chew toys, hammocks and some treats (probably shredded wheat).

Dogs are going to get toys and treats. Though Harley likes to rip the toys to shreds in a matter of minutes.

Cats are probably going to get toys, possibly treats. I have no more room for another piece of cat furniture, so that's out of the question.

Chicken will get toys and some treats. She really likes the Lafeber treats.

#25 ·
Bully sticks. Ein LOVES them, but doesn't get them except as presents because they are expensive for how short a time they last. He may be small in size, but he chews big.

We're not making a big deal out of Christmas here, for the people or the pets. Too many vet bills draining my bank account recently.

#26 ·
I just bought my mom's cat and dog something yesteday too for Christmas.I won't tell mom though...hehehehe...tis a suprise!

I got Coco a bone with some sort of saucey flavor on it and a box of vanilla dog cookies (they resemble human cookies and even smell really good,I wanna eat them!) and I got the kitty,Illusion a little cat shaped container full of fish flavor treats.

I wanna get them something else,but have to finish the rest of my shopping first and get MY pets their pressies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.