Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the puppy I was talking about that is about 4-6..i was told its closer to 8weeks old(2months).
I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow.. again, thanks for your advice..for those that provided me with the information. thanks :)

Anyways..I was just wondering..what kind of a dog you all think this one is? i know he's really young still..but any ideas?
Check out his eyes... its so cool, Blue Eyes! He's a handsome lil fella.

G

·
I think he looks like a Jack Russel Terrier, but it's hard to tell. With those short ears and barrel snout, I'd say terrier of some sort... He is cute, though :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
He is soooooo cute. How tiny he is? It is funny, when looking at your dogs now, and then seeing one like this one, it makes you forget that they all are that size.

His eyes remind me of a Husky, they have those beautiful baby blue eyes. He might be a mix, but I have no other idea what the other dog breed he would be.

But what a cutie!!!!! Best of Luck with him!

Let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Alika said:
I think he looks like a Jack Russel Terrier, but it's hard to tell. With those short ears and barrel snout, I'd say terrier of some sort... He is cute, though :)
I agree there as thats what he looks like at the size he is and the shape of his face etc but the blue eyes would be strange for the breed unless its because he is still young!? He could be some sort of mixed breed such as a huskey cross though as that would explain the blue eyes! Do you know how big the parents were and what kind of breed they was as that could be some clue?

Buts he's the cutest little thing ever whatever breed or mix he is and i hope he brings you lots of happiness :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I think cats have blue eyes as babies, but not dogs... At least, Odie didn't and I have him since he was 1 week old (and had his eyes closed). Hmmm.. I agree with the terrier thing... there are also some sheppards that have blue eyes.. I think australian sheppards.. or australian something.. can't remember well..

Either way... he's just a cute! very very pretty!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Our entire litter of puppies 2 year ago had blue eyes at that age...of course, they all turned brown :lol:
I think he's still way too young to really tell what breed he is. Any idea on the parents?

G

·
I think cats have blue eyes as babies, but not dogs
Huh, maybe you're right. I know we humans all have blue eyes when we're first born, too, so I guess I thought it was the same for dogs (pigment doesn't come until later)

He could just have weird genes. He just doesn't seem big enough to be any of the medium to larger breeds that commonly have blue eyes. Even our sheltie pups are bigger than that at 2 months... he's just so tiny...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Mandie just clarified that her litter of AMPT all had blue eyes when born and then changed to brown.. hehe.. so it's possible..

Well.. I have a dog, Charlotte, that ifyou look at her, phisically she looks like a lab/greyhound mix. But she actually weights around 25 lbs. Way too small for either breed...

here is a pic of her, so you see for yourself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Charlotte19.jpg

On the other hand, Odie looks exactly like a chihuahua... only he's 18 lbs!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/OdieElvis.jpg

G

·
Well.. I have a dog, Charlotte, that ifyou look at her, phisically she looks like a lab/greyhound mix. But she actually weights around 25 lbs. Way too small for either breed...
Awww! She's pretty!

I've been going on the assumption that the puppy is a purebred, or close to it. Definitely if it's a mutt or a cross breed, it might grow up to look like something else. I still stand by the terrier thing, though. Something about that face and those ears...

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Alika said:
Awww! She's pretty!

I've been going on the assumption that the puppy is a purebred, or close to it. Definitely if it's a mutt or a cross breed, it might grow up to look like something else. I still stand by the terrier thing, though. Something about that face and those ears...
I have to completely agree...definetly terrier in him although what breed, is beyond me at this point.
Definetly terrier in there though with the shape of the head and the ears...

·
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome
2,224 Posts
To me, those look like average puppy-blue eyes. If they are going to stay blue, generally they will become more clear and sharp in colouration and the pupil will become darker/more defined.

For example:

When acquiring our sheltie, I had these two to choose from. "Ronan" on the left wound up having one brown eye and one blue and "His Brother" (now Seamus since I chose him :lol: ) wound up having both blue eyes. In these pictures (taken at around 6.5 weeks) they both have the cloudy blue eyes.

If the eyes are going to stay blue, they will turn into something more like this as the dog matures:

So, keep watching. You never know what could happen at this point. :D

That said, I agree with a lot of people who said he looks like he has terrier in him. As he gets older, you might be able to tell more about where his lineage goes. Keep us updated with more photos of that cutie! :D

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
What a cutie.. Its hard to tell what breed he is, maybe when he is older, it will be easier to tell!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
NOt sure what the breed is, too early to tell IMO. But totally adorable none the less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts