Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fiance went to safeway last night to get a small bag of chocolate chips but nope came home with a super sized large bag of chocolate chips. I barely do any baking with chocolate chips. The only things i can think of are chocolate chip cookies and pancakes. What else can i make with chocolate chips without getting sick and tired of them.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
You can melt them and dip strawberries in them

·
Registered
374 Posts
What about making peanut butter balls rolled in chocolate chips!

2 cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups whole bran cereal
2 cups powdered milk
1 1/2 cups raisins
3/4 cup honey

In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, bran cereal, powdered milk, raisins and honey using your hands or a wooden spoon. Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Refrigerate until serving.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I love using them raw. Love chocolate. I love sprinkling them in some ice cream, or having a peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwhich(the only way I like chocolate and peanut butter... I don't like Reese's Pieces >.>).....

Otherwise...hm....probably chocolate chip pancakes you could do, and .....that's all I can think of for right now. :)

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Cookies for me. :p

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Chocolate chip cookies! Or a cake!
Or why not add them to ice cream?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
if they're not too sweet, you can melt them and use them like you would some chocolate squares and make chocolate cake, marble cake, brownies....
or even just regular cake with chocochips is delicious!
orrrr make banana bread, cover with chocolate chips once it juuuust comes out the oven (and is fully baked) the heat will melt the choco chips, spread it, and TA DA! delicious choco covered banana bread! kinda like icing!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
melting them for strawberries is a good idea. I havent done that in a long time. i never had peanut butter balls but i will have to try that. I am not really a person who eats them raw i like them melted in stuff. I will be making alot of chocolate chip cookies and freezing them for when my fiance works so he can have a snack or when we have company over. mmm i totally forgot about banana bread with chocolate chips. I can either spread it or add it to the banana bread before i bake it.

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
i was gonna say why make anything, i love chocolate chips right out of the bag, to me its the best quick chocolate fix :D I also make like a trail mix type thing sometimes, by adding them with some mixed nuts, dry cereal and some dried fruit like crasins and cherries yum! But if you dont like them raw, my favorite thing that hasnt been mentioned yet would be chex muddy buddies :D

Ingredients
9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

This is crazy addicting, but sometimes i don't add all the powdered sugar cuz it makes it kinda messy sometimes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
chocolate chip muffins
chocolate chip pancakes
chocolate chip cookies
chocolate chip ice cream
chocolate chip yogurt
chocolate chip pudding
chocolate chip bread
chocolate chip oatmeal cookis
chocolate chip molasses cookies
chocolate chip peanut butter poop on an island cookies
choclate chip smores
chocolate chip cream pie
chocholate chip cobbler
chocolate chip peanut butter and jelly
chocolate chip fondue
chocolate chip popcorn
chocolate chip happiness

Yeah!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
i was gonna say why make anything, i love chocolate chips right out of the bag, to me its the best quick chocolate fix :D I also make like a trail mix type thing sometimes, by adding them with some mixed nuts, dry cereal and some dried fruit like crasins and cherries yum! But if you dont like them raw, my favorite thing that hasnt been mentioned yet would be chex muddy buddies :D

Ingredients
9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

This is crazy addicting, but sometimes i don't add all the powdered sugar cuz it makes it kinda messy sometimes.
I know this is an old thread, but I love to eat these! I have always called them puppy chow! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Microwave Fudge

Chocolate Fudge (Microwave edition)

You will need
2 Cups of chocolate chips
1 can of sweetened condensed Milk
1 stick of butter
Pam cooking spray
a microwave safe bowl
and a molder, or pan to put it in

First thing you do is add everything in the bowl and microwave it for Two minutes on high, take it out, stir, continue doing this pattern until everything blends together (Stir by hand, trust me :] )

Next you want to oil up your pan, or molder, and poor the mixture in, making sure to get it evenly around the edges.

Lastly place in the refrigerator until it hardens, cut up and enjoy!

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I'm desperate for something sweet and we have nothing, I take a graham cracker...put choc. chips on it...put mini marshmallows on top, then put in my toaster oven till the marshmallows are brown! (Indoor S'mores!) ~or~ I'll melt them in a small bowl, and stir in peanut butter!

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
there are lots of candy recipes with chocolate chips out there like white and milk chocolate peppermint bark.
or
you can get peanut butter chips and melt them together. I can post the recipe if you want them. but I gotta get off of here for now lil one is done eating

1 - 18 of 18 Posts