Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of the family was getting rid of a bunch of things when my mom noticed a tank she had sitting in the corner . the friend said she was going to throw it out. and mom thought maybe i could use it for something.... We have no clue what size it is or anything but i do have pictures and i was wonder what sorta little animal/fish would be ok in this tank :) Im recieving it on Monday

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Hm, Lucky you!! If you replace the nasty plastic plants with silk or real ones, I would put a betta in there! That's too much gravel as well, but it's a nice color!
You could also get a pair of African Dwarf Froggies :)
Some shrimpies, or a snail.
I would put a betta though. A heater is necessary though for most things so you can find cheap ones :)

Can't wait to see it when it's yours!! It looks like maybe a 5 gallon or smaller. If you get ADF's or a betta you'll have to fit the top with mesh so they can breathe air!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hm, Lucky you!! If you replace the nasty plastic plants with silk or real ones, I would put a betta in there! That's too much gravel as well, but it's a nice color!
You could also get a pair of African Dwarf Froggies :)
Some shrimpies, or a snail.
I would put a betta though. A heater is necessary though for most things so you can find cheap ones :)

Can't wait to see it when it's yours!! It looks like maybe a 5 gallon or smaller. If you get ADF's or a betta you'll have to fit the top with mesh so they can breathe air!
I had been looking at the idea of a betta :crylaugh: but im still not sure Im definetly replacing the top on it when i get a chance, but i was so excited when my mom emailed me and asked me i wanted it that shed bring it home and then bring it to me when she has a chance which is monday, even if i dont end up using it anytime soon adleast its there for when and i decide to use it.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kinds of animals are you interested in? :)

Here's a calculator to figure out the volume of the tank based on the dimensions, just scroll down: http://www.fishlore.com/ConversionCalculator.htm
I'm not really sure :) thats why im looking for ideas so i can research a little before deciding as I love animal animal. Thanks for the calculaor When i get it i suppose ill do some measuring.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Once you know the volume for sure we can probably make some recommendations :). The above recommendation of a betta would work but other fish will depend on the volume.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so I got my mom to do the measurements tonight since my eyes arent that well right now (need to buy new glasses ) and because i was curious and it was at her house anyways the measurements are this (12 x 6 x 8) (LxWxH)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out my little brother wants that tank and is offering me his 20 gallon with mesh top :D I might just take hum up on that offer

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
oh yes, go for the bigger :) If you want it!! I personally prefer smaller ones bc of my insane lower back troubles but a 20 is much more flexible if you wanted to stock it with more than 1 betta.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts