Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do they like to play with? Cocoa seems to keep herself busy all day, but it seems like she's just checking stuff out. I'd like to get her some fun stuff of her own. She has a rope-wrapped carrot....thing but pays zero attention to it. Also, I once threw a little stuffed duck in her direction sort of by accident and she ran up and bumped it. I thought she might've been playing with it but I guess she could've just ran into it. Any ideas?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Some bunnies love throwing things, some love things with rattles, and some just love digging and chewing. Once you figure out what kinds of toys your bun is into, it's easier to keep them entertained. Hiding food and making them forage for it is also a great activity for them. It makes them think and problem solve, and it is what they do in the wild.

Smudge is a huge digger/chewer, so I have a digging box for him, and I'll hide his favorite types of hay and treats in there... It keeps him entertained for hours! Another thing he loves is when I fill a basket with Timothy, orchard, bremuda, and oat hay, and I hide his pellet food and some papaya treats in it from him to find.
He also LOVES chewing anything willow, cardboard, or paper, and his Slim Cat ball also keeps him busy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oliver loves, loves, loves his timothy hay ball complete with bell. I was a little nervous about giving it to him because of the bell/rattle inside, but he's had it for months, and it's still in perfect shape. He throws it, runs into it/at it, and it's his favorite, always.

Here's a link to the exact thing he loves:
http://www.amazon.com/Ware-Manufacturing-Nature-Ball/dp/B000HGDCCA

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jess, What is a digging box? Noodle never stops trying to dig through the rug and chewing on things. A digging box may be the answer?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Oh, it's easy to make. Fill up an old litter box or a cardboard box with shredded paper, aspen shavings, cut up paper towel rolls, and anything else fun and diggable you can think of. Burry some hay and other things for your bunny to forage for, and you have a digging box!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Anything! I bought out baby toy sections from the dollar store. Rubber keys (make sure they dont eat them though), rattles, stuffed toys, old phone books, old boxes (oatmeal, cereal, rice etc. . .) to fill with hay and treats. The SlimCat balls are at Dollarama now so they're cheap! I drop daytime pellets in there and she goes to work during the day while I'm gone. Bunnies get bored and chew things. Sometimes when they need to chew they will be destructive and chew walls etc. . . Some bunnies just don't know how to play, or play in different ways. Acacia likes rattles and things that make noise. Akina never learned to play and therefore paid no attention to toys. I left some chew things in there and usually got the same toys for her as Kaysh had. (they had different color themes^^)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jamie loves it at the end of the week and we give him the old tv listing mag. He goes mad for it and enjoys spending a friday evening shredding it to pieces.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Yes, Akina was the same. I always had toys for her just in case ;) And I bought the slimcat ball for her originally bc of her disinterest in toys. I knew she was bored during the day while I was gone working or whatever and so I got her the slimcat ball to help stimulate her, pass some time.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Yes, but the price they want for it is ridiculous!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts