Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want a pet rodent but im not sure which rodent is right for me. i have owned guinea pigs and i currently own a naked mouse called streaker :] i love any type of rodents but please exclude rats,hamsters and rabbits. please tell me which pet rodent is best and if you could also add pro's and con's that would be great :] thank you

·
Registered
188 Posts
Degus also require a specialized diet, need alot of cage space (as bluedreamer pointed out), and many have genetic issues like diabetes, cataracts, and the dreaded malocclusion. If you are an experienced pet enthusiast with alot of space, plenty of time to spare and a big budget, then yes, degus are awesome. (Please consider adopting at least a pair – they are very social and need other degu company, the more the merrier – from an animal shelter.)

Now gerbils, they're easy and fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RATS!!
their a lot like dogs! you can train them and their a lot of fun to play with and can learn their names and if not a rat a guinea pig! you can potty train guinea pigs ( in small areas ) to be potty trained my spud used to sleep in bed with me and was trained to not wet it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts