Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this rodent ? It looks like a rat but the face and profile dont seem to be rattish and as far as I can see its tail has short fur. I thought rats had skin tails. It is living in the tree in the garden in Ireland and is coming everyday to the bird table to eat bird seed. I have attached photos. Sorry for quality as I took them from a security camera.

Attachments

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
In IRELAND? Im from northern ireland and over here we don't get VERY many different species of wild animals.. IT does look like a weasel(SP?) or a mongoose(SP?) But the pictures are not clear enough. Can you try and search the net for different species of animals in Ireland and that might help!

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
I'm not too sure on this one! The face looks kinda rattish but you are right rats do have skin tails so i am stumped!!! I hope you work it out!!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
It does kinda have the face of a rat.It is probably a species of rat.I am not sure.I just tried looking it up,but can't find anything.
I looked up stoats too and in the picture the animal does not look like a stoat.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
You don't have squirrels over there? That was my first impression.
Good luck :)
It's cute whatever it is :D
xxx

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Dose it look something like this?

this is a Mongoose. This is a picture of a Dwarf Mongoose which the face is small and short compared to the larger one which would give it a rat face but the pictures are blury the ears are the same thoughth out line shape of it.

Or this one which is a Stoat. these are the only 2 pictures that it looks like to me but the pictures are blurry and I cant make them out to well. If you have other better picrues post them. or if you see it again see if you can get better pictures.
Daimond

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
This is an old thread from last year.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
o didnt know. It was highlighted like the treads are that are new or replyed to. so did any one ever find out what it was?
Diamond

1 - 13 of 13 Posts