Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,:wavey:
i am new to this site. i have a beautiful 4 yr old bichon frise that i have had since he was a pup. i love that little fellow with all my heart and dont know what i'd do without him. he has brought such joy into my life and families life. i sware he's more human than animal.:)

i have been thinking about getting another dog for awhile now. this time from a rescue or shelter. i already know i want an adult dog, female, and small in size. i've been doing some research online and have pretty much narrowed it down to the following breed of dogs:

puggle, boston terrier, maltese, and possibly shih tzu. the main ones being the first 3 options.

my boy weighs 17 lbs.

any advice as to which breed would be a good choice for me and my dog??

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
it will be best to take him with you to the shelter and meet some of the small dogs and see what you both like.

I work at a shelter and they require you to bring your dog to meet the dog you wish to adopt, not all do, but i think it is wise to have the dogs meet, a worker will walk the dog with you so they get to know each other and see if they get along well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts