Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
It is not racism.
I know not everyone in those countries do this stuff.
But the people who do these things,THEY are the ones who are messed up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Asia is a pretty vast continent and the countries within Asia are also very diverse and unique from each other. I think generalisation on such a broad scale perhaps should be avoided. My boyfriend is from Hong Kong and he says the people there love their pets and treat them with a great deal of respect. I think what people are trying to say is lets not tar 3 billion people with the same brush :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I have a friend from India and I dated a guy from Indonesia...so I KNOW not everyone from Asia are horrible people.Thats the LAST time I will say it.I have my own opinions and am not racist.

But I cannot explain what I am trying to say without it coming out sounding horrible.So I have nothing else to say.

Except I will NEVER appreciate ANYONE (regardless of where they come from) who abuse,torture and kill animals for no reason or because they have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
626 Posts
^^What you are saying is totally racist. Haven't you ever heard of people saying racist words or comments and then saying, "oh I have a ____friend so its okay". IT IS NOT OKAY.

Racism starts when you associate personal actions (also known as STEREOTYPES) with a person's ethnicity, skin color, or culture. By you saying "I hate Asia (which by saying Asia is a whole different race subject I will not get into) because in their culture they do ____(a stereotype)" THIS IS RACISM.

I study race relations and have learned through many insanely open discussions that yes, this is racism. I have PM-ed some administrators about this thread. This needs to stop.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
It is NOT racist. What she is saying could be, but its not. Can you read? Its says I have hate friends and boyfriends who WERE great people. That is not rude at all. Stereotypes are rude. She is explaining that just because there are pictures with Asian women stomping kittens that does NOT mean that all people from Asia are mean and cruel. There are many people in the US that abuse animals and that doesn't mean that everyone here is cold blooded and cruel. That's all I have to say.

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
^^What you are saying is totally racist. Haven't you ever heard of people saying racist words or comments and then saying, "oh I have a ____friend so its okay". IT IS NOT OKAY.

Racism starts when you associate personal actions (also known as STEREOTYPES) with a person's ethnicity, skin color, or culture. By you saying "I hate Asia (which by saying Asia is a whole different race subject I will not get into) because in their culture they do ____(a stereotype)" THIS IS RACISM.

I study race relations and have learned through many insanely open discussions that yes, this is racism. I have PM-ed some administrators about this thread. This needs to stop.

Do not come on here and judge weither you think people are racist or not, that is totally uncalled for!! In noway has anyone said anything racist on this thread so please keep your nasty comments to yourself! I have PLENTY of mixed friends and i am totally against any kind of race abuse. Your just wanting to point the finger at anyone, please read before you POINT THE FINGER!:mad2:
Im done with this thread, cause people like this annoy me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Vanilla, my comment was not aimed at you, I don't think you are racist at all :) Becrac I think notifying admins about this thread is ridiculous we are all mature enough in here to raise question with each others posts and let people explain what they were saying. There is no need to lodge formal complaints how about instead of attacking peoples views you ask questions about them? Intolerance is a two way street and by repressing such discussion you are being intolerant.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.