Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's do a little check in for the birdie slaves....

What type of bird(s) do you have?

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My fid is a Harlequin Macaw and the love of my life (well besides hubby! LOL)
:lovies:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Male African Grey Parrot, Bailey

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a cockatiel, named Eli, who is my baby lol, he thinks I am his mate, he tries to feed me. Funny I think................

·
Registered
69 Posts
me owned by

3 dusky conures
1 nanday conure
2 green cheek conures
1 fallow green cheek conure
1 sun conure
2 lovebirds
17 parakeets
the loves of my life

·
Princess in Waiting
1,377 Posts
We are owned by Henry, the eclectus at the top of my page, and Captain, named after our very own Captain Sweets, who is with my signature.

Oh, Captain is moody. I don't know what to do about it, because I love him dearly but I have people telling me that he isn't good for anything but breeding.

We had a conversation one day. Now, you must remember that we all have Southern accents - very Southern. I don't know what I was doing, but Cap said "Mama (sounding very pitiful), what is Henry saying?" I listened for a minute then said "I don't know, Captain, and I doubt that he does". He listened a minute more then said "Is he talking about me?" Paranoid!!

We all sing, we dance, we laugh, we do cheers.

My Senegal rings constantly like the telephone. She's great and even though she's Bubba's bird I would n't take anything for her.

My Parrotlet Pip is mine. She's rather afraid of him, but she and Iwill have conversations - either by words or whistles - and if I ask her to she will ring the bell in the cage.

These four, added to the rest of my crew, if the only problem when I want to go somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Princess in Waiting
1,377 Posts
That's true, Debbie!! Both my big birds say "I love you" - not sure about the little ones. And you've never heard so many "Hello's" when the phone rings!!

Angel, when I got my parrotlet she was VERY young and we were just positive that there was a bit of that blue striping down her wings. Oopsie. Doesn't take a dr now to tell us she's a girl! My husband gets upset because all she wants to do is nip at him and she'll let me scratch her head. Moody little animals!

·
Registered
19 Posts
crittercall- Oh I know Samsom is such a devil to everyone but me, although he loves my sister as well when she visits. That boy will cuddle for hours, and absolutely adores head scratches! He gets upset when I stop scratching his head, and will give me a little push with his beak, then put his head under my finger and puff up...and if I still wont do it he will chirp really loud and give me a swift nip on the finger. Hes soo cute!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm owned by Lu, the green thing
Jeze, the multi colored thing
and Sid, the white thing!

Sid hates the camera:

·
Princess in Waiting
1,377 Posts
Don't you wonder what is so tasty about a Dixie cup? My birds love them.

Captain is mad at us because he had to go to the birdie hotel last week, and he has to go back on Monday for a week. It really has affected his personality, but I don't know what to do about it. He used to love to snuggle, now the three of us (w/Henry) just sing and whistle all day.

Waiting for the storm........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts