Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting another 60 gallon aquarium.

I currently have a variety of Tropical fish in a community tank right now which is also a 60 gallon.
I have done Cichlids and love them but am not sure if i want to go that way again or just what to do if i get another tank. I like Oscars too but know i should only keep 1 in a tank that size. I could do a couple of turtles...or maybe some froggies, shrimpies, crawfish?? Maybe i should do fancy gold fishies?? I used to have some beauties!
One thing i do not want to try is saltwater fish. As much as i love them and how beautiful they are i am not ready for that.

What would you put in a 60 gallon tank if you had one?
Help me decide. :)
Of course i would do lotz of research well before starting up the new tank.

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Well, if it was me I'd keep an octopus. But since marine animals are out...

Newts? That would be interesting :). Or a HUGE school of neon tetras :lol:.

Lung fish or one of it's relatives would also be neat.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
I think you should keep a GIGANTO colony of SW hermies! YAAAAAAAY! :D

· Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe...that actually did come to mind but i dont know much about them. Are you talking about the land ones? I would have to do my research first of course.

I do remember Sasamis Big Red...*sigh...how i luved Big Red! He was the biggest flirt! :lol:
He was an aquatic Hermie if i remember correctly.

· Registered
2,229 Posts
maybe anglefish...or some large fish in general

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
luvnature- Hehe...that actually did come to mind but i dont know much about them. Are you talking about the land ones? I would have to do my research first of course.

I do remember Sasamis Big Red...*sigh...how i luved Big Red! He was the biggest flirt!
I was talking about SW, cuz I was guessing you wanted to put something aquatic in it, but land hermies are even better! If theirs any info you need on them you can PM me and I can give you my fav hermie websites and all. :) (Voices in your head r saying Land hermit crabs... LAND HERMIT CRABS!)

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts

· Registered
5,265 Posts
hehe!!! I would fill it full of Jelly beans!! But...as far as pets after i ate all the jelly belly's i would vote for some Koi and goldfishes?? or is that not possible?? or not an option...

i'm not 'aquatically' experienced ;)

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Hehe...that actually did come to mind but i dont know much about them. Are you talking about the land ones? I would have to do my research first of course.

I do remember Sasamis Big Red...*sigh...how i luved Big Red! He was the biggest flirt! :lol:
Big Red was indeed an aquatic hermit crab :). Very easy to take care of but you'd need a marine set-up.

Land hermits are neat...we have three. They are fun to watch although they don't seem as active as marine hermits.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Yours arent as active? Sometimes mine wake me up 4 times a night lol! No wonder Im always tired... *Yawn*

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
Not as active as my marine ones. The marine ones are literally always running around while the land ones sometimes hide.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Oh Luv, sounds like you are suffering the dreaded multiple tank syndrome!! :giggle:

As for inhabitants, angels are awsome fish. We have a shark/angel/silver dollar tank and I absolutely love it!! Fancy goldfish would be awesome too!!

· Salamander Burgermuffin
2,774 Posts
you could do a huge guppy tank! :D oh the colors... heh well.. im kinda hooked on guppies..

I would love to get an Oscar, so i suppose if someone gave me a 60gal i would prolly run out get an oscar.. but like you said, you could only really put one in there.. which while nice.. isnt very interesting to most people..
i'd love to have a goldie tank too.. a bunch of fancy goldfish.. oh that would be pretty.. not sure how many you could really put in a 60gal tho.. they are rather dirty..
What if you do a community tank? some guppies.. some mollies, platies.. and some neons.. i dunno what all would make a good community.. im sure Sasami could give you tons of suggestions, but to have a couple different types of schooling fish would be neat.. then maybe one or two larger fish.. and lots of plants.. real or fake.. heh.. i want alot of fishtanks.. the possibilities are endless!

· Registered
5,304 Posts
what about a muddskipper? or a mudskipper, and gold fish combo if you make it so the mudskipper will be able to get out of the water and the goldfish can have enough water.. it may be neato. i've wanted one along time hehe but they are kinda pricy at the one store that has them.. plus i wont buy from them.

crawfish seem neato. and fiddler crabs are fun to watch. i had 3 they were always looking like they wanted to fight everything so i named them stalan, mussillinni and hitler.

· Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sarah...i am acutally really thinking about the Oscar. :)
I have never had one and am reading up on them now. I have always liked them but never had one. I know i could only keep one in a 60 gallon but thats okay. It would be nice to have a pair but i could only do that if the tank were a lot bigger.
I think one friendly Oscar would be cute. I could spoil him royally :giggle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.