Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done typing a big long reply in the dogs froum. took me 15 minutes to type it all up. i clicked reply and got some pop up asking me to type in a word for the knowledge base, i left it blank and hit submit and got an error message saying "you don't have permission to perform this action". i was logged out. i tried to log back in and lost everything i had typed.

thats the second time its happend. its beyond frusterating to loose 15 minutes worth of work. i'm not going to bother re-typing everything.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
That hasn't happened to me, what browser are you using? Have you tried clearing out your cookies?

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
Until you find the problem, when I type in an unusually long answer, I always try to highlight it and click Control/c. That copies it to the clipboard. If you lose the page, you can then click Control/v and get it back.

Bob

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Until you find the problem, when I type in an unusually long answer, I always try to highlight it and click Control/c. That copies it to the clipboard. If you lose the page, you can then click Control/v and get it back.

Bob
I do the same. Just like saving your work on word i save it on any site that i type a long answer to.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
So it's not only me!! Jeez, I get so frustrated I've lost many a reply bc I have internet ADD and use multiple browsers at once usually. PT logs out after 10 minutes, that much I figured out. Copy your long replies and then log in again. It sucks but I;ve been doing this for nearly a year now.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts

Bob
This is exactly what I do. I will copy it,just in case. I have typed up lots of stuff only to have it get lost...it is beyond frustrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts