Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently gone on a ghost investigation with a paranormal team. I've kept in touch with the leader and founder and she's been great and very professional. We got a lot of results so if you're interested the website is http://northtxparanormaltrackers.com/

The founder does readings for anyone interested. If so message me and I'll get you the details to get in touch with her! I had so much fun! Look for the results soon

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
That's neat! Will they take anyone? I would like to go on an expedition in the dark of like Alcatraz or Salem or something but I'd be like the Girly GhostHunters from that tv show. I'd scream if I touched a spider for frig's sakes. I think if I follow my folklore degree I'll stay at home talking to plain old people about their personal ghost stories. I totally believe there is something happening in another dimension or something. I've had things unexplainable happen to me. Talk about ghosts? My sister's house is haunted -shout out to Vanilla Rat!!!-and my mom has been telling us ghost stories for years. We caught a ghost on camera, actually - Lisa did. She caught a soldier at the war memorial. Thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

My bf and I were walking at 12-1 am when we moved into our new place. We had Coco (when he was fit enough for long walks) and we ended up walking around a lake with no lights on the side we were on. As we were nearing the end we started passing some old men and women. These people were seniors. They were all totally silent. Nobody was talking, and even as they walked there was no sound. We just got chills as we walked past them. Coco did not show interest in sniffing their legs or anything. And I'd say in the last stretch of the path we passed like 20-30 old people (mostly in pairs) all totally and unnaturally silent. Matt and I never spoke about it until the next day. It was weird. We were like, hey- what were all those seniors doing out at 12 midnight?!?

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Oh I totally believe! (thanks for the shout out Amanda! :D). I have had way too many experiences and unexplainable things happen to me/around me for me to not believe.

My house is over 30-35+ years old and I am aware of at least ONE death here...a man who overdosed on pills. However I have heard women voices here before too,a woman's laughter,was on the phone with mom once and a staticky woman voice was coming through and one of my friends heard voices here before too. That is not even half of the stuff that has happened here.

And it is not only this house,I have experienced things at friend's houses,our old house and other places...like the War Memorial,where I have a very distinctive face of a soldier in the picture.

So yeah,I am a believer.

I really wish I could find a ghost hunting team here in St.Johns,since this city is very old and has a lot of history...it would be neat.

And Amanda - I remember you mentioned that senior thing before...that is weird,since normally seniors are not out that late and if they are...usually only in pairs and not silent like that.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I know!! Maybe we should start up our own! Get the first Canadian government sanctioned Intangible Culture Heritage Officer, Dale Jarvis on the case! He's got people, he could probably make it happen. Though, since he's a folkorist he might not be interested in exploring. He's probably most interested in personal experience narratives. Blah, we could totally do it though! It would be like girly ghost hunters!!!!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I know!! Maybe we should start up our own! Get the first Canadian government sanctioned Intangible Culture Heritage Officer, Dale Jarvis on the case! He's got people, he could probably make it happen. Though, since he's a folkorist he might not be interested in exploring. He's probably most interested in personal experience narratives. Blah, we could totally do it though! It would be like girly ghost hunters!!!!
Haha! That would be cool! I'd love to explore some old buildings and houses and we all know St.Johns sure has a lot of stories. Well I messaged Dale and will see what he says...just gotta wait for a reply.

I tried Google,but it kept bringing me to "The Haunted Hike" and that was not exactly what I was looking for...:giggle:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Newfoundland Paranormal Society, Thanks Lisa!! :D Sorry to hijack your thread Christine!! :p We just found out we have a group here too. It would be interesting to post pictures and stuff here too :)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Wow, you guys' stories gave me shivers! Scary!

I've never been haunted or anything, thankfully! I saw a ghost hamster once though, not even kidding: A long time ago one of our hamsters escaped, and when we were looking for it we saw a grey fuzzy shape run across the room. We thought it was our hammie, so we ran after it, but when we went to catch it there was nothing there. Me and my sister BOTH saw it, so we know it was real! We think it was my hamster that had recently escaped and drowned in the sump pump while we were on vacation. :(

Once my mom saw a piece of hair stuck to the bathroom mirror that was shaped like a hamster, and when we went to check on them one had escaped. And once when one escaped my sister had a dream we found it behind the couch, so we looked behind the couch in the morning and there he was LOL.

So yeah. I have paranormal hamsters.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are in the DFW area and only work around here. It's a non-profit/hobby type group. I will let you know as soon as the evidence is posted. I actually am having a teenage native american spirit boy following me and guarding me. It's really neat. Tim/Tom scares me and lives in the living room

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
well as you know christine , I totally believe in our spirit friends, almost every female in my family is a clairvoyant or a medium.My mom does angel card readings, can sense things and does taro readings as well as native card readings. I personally can talk to them sense them and do some card reading myself and a few other neat little tricks. for example the mad spirit in my current place that dyed durning the time of the great fire in the early 70s who drown in i believe a creek or river not far from the house. Hes totally annoying we nicknamed him Boots because you can hear his big construction boots dragging on the floor right before he pulls a stunt like slamming the door or pulling the shower curtain open. or like your own little native ghost christine that we call river ^_^

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea he's been back :D and The guy named Tim or Tom was MAD that Panda was barking at him tonight. I pulled her off but I keep feeling the agitated feeling when I go out.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw jeez. Ghost hammies sound neat!! It would be cool to have little ghost animals, rather than scary people! lol, I'm such a wimp. My cousin saw our (then recently) deceased great uncle in her bedroom watching over her. He was there to look over my 2 cousins who were home alone while their mom was out at his funeral in rural NL. Stuff like that is incredible. My grandmothers house must have been built in old Native territory. Trinity Bay is one of the oldest fishing sites in Newfoundland, considered very prosperous. So no doubt the Natives were forced out of the area by Europeans. My grandmother woke up to a native woman in old dress and a red ochre skin covering staring at her inquisitively. (I don't think it was Beothuk bc Beothuk were pretty much wiped out by then). I remember things happening in her house too when I was a kid but I never seen a spirit. OMG guys, this thread is awesome!!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Aww,ghost hammies!? Cute! I have a picture somewhere with what appears to be a dog peering in my window...thing is,the window was like 3 stories up and there was NO way for a dog to be up there. Every now and again I "think" I hear a wheek,which stops me what I am doing to listen...I no longer have guinea pigs,so I always wonder if their spirits still linger here.

Oh and just yesterday my almost 7 yr old daughter told me she hears ghosts in her room at night. I asked her if she was dreaming and she said "no,she is awake at these times". I asked her what the voices say and she says she don't know,but she don't like hearing them and last night she told me she hopes she don't hear voices...o_O.

A lot of things have happened in this house,but I rarely talk about them because people think I am nuts, crazy or lying. So I keep most things to myself,because I KNOW what I hear/see/experience and it really doesn't matter if anyone believes me or not,since I know what is real.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Yeah, I haven't had any ghost hammy experiences since we finished out basement though. He had this official hamster area set up for them, and I guess they didn't want to haunt the upstairs! :(

You should post the dog picture!

Wow, that's scary! OMG, I would be terrified if I was Chloe! (BTW, since when is she almost 7?! Wow, time goes fast.)

Has anyone ever had a pet talk to them in their dreams? Once I had a dream where Smudge was talking to me, and he said that I could trust him not to run away if I let him in my yard with out a harness. At the end of the dream he was eaten by a hawk though, it freaked me out for days. o_O
But anyways, I boundry-trained him in my yard, and he always listened really well and didn't run away. He tried to hop into the woods once because he LOVES exploring in there, but as soon as I touched his back and told him not to, he froze and went right back to where he was supposed to be. Kinda weird, LOL. I have many strange pet dreams.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Still neat though!

I think I posted that picture here years ago...I will see if I can find it. Of course everyone thinks I am insane,but oh well. I have a picture of a ghostly soldier too.

Haha,I know right!? Chloe will be 7 in June. Kids grow FAST.

Oh wow...what a weird dream! I'd be freaked out too.
I never had any dreams where my animals talked to me,but I had plenty of rat dreams where my rats were having purple,green,blue & pink babies or where I would walk into the rat room to find all of my rats dead or tortured...those kinds of dreams scare me...

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Hmm, I don't remember seeing it?
I've always though paranormal stuff was realy neat. I've never experienced anything myself though (not with human ghosts anyways, LOL). I believe some of it, but I guess I'm a tad skeptical about some stories. I believe you though!Yeah, I think she was 3 when I joined this forum! Geesh.

I have dreams like that too! I have a lot of weird dreams where I'll discover a pet I didn't even know I had LOL, and then I'm sad when I wake up because I don't actually have that pet.
Last night I dreamed that Dudley was a girl and was gravid.
After Wink died I had a dream that he actually wasn't dead (It can be hard to tell if they are actually dead or not sometimes, and I've heard or beardies IRL waking up after their owners thought they were dead) and that was kinda depressing.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I did a search and found the thread...

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f33/dog-face-in-window-39836-3.html?highlight=ghost

I think you may of joined a few months after I posted this...you joined in 2007...June I think,but this thread was posted in February 2007. Ugh...forgive the crappy picture of me...I look so different now! Lets just focus on the face in the window,shall we!? :hehe: ;)

I am always curious to know what dreams mean...I don't know how to analyze them.

I used to be a skeptic about ghosts/spirits...but there has been too many things for me to NOT believe.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I just read some of that thread and that was at my OLD apartment...I am not there now. I am at a new place (well not exactly new...been here almost 4 yrs) now.

Anyways...sorry for the thread hijack!! :D

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Oh, wow it took me a while to pick it out but I had a different memory of the picture I think. o_O That is definitely a German Shepherd. And it's very strange how close up a GS would be to our 3 story house?? None of our neighbors had GS that I can remember and besides it would never have been possible for it to hover close to a 3 story window o_O I gots the goosebumps now, thanks

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Wow, it took me a while but now that I see it, that's freaky!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Funny how it took you guys awhile...I spotted it the very first time I loaded the pictures,because I had a series of these pictures taken and in ALL of them the window was clear. Only in this one was there a face,so I spotted it dead on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts