Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. so question...

Wht does my little Hector only seem to eat when he is in his rat apartment? When I take him out for play time on the bed.. Sometimes i try to give him treats.. But he wants nothing to do with them. But when I put him back in his apartment he will eat. This normal behavior?

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Ok.. so question...

Wht does my little Hector only seem to eat when he is in his rat apartment? When I take him out for play time on the bed.. Sometimes i try to give him treats.. But he wants nothing to do with them. But when I put him back in his apartment he will eat. This normal behavior?
I think you need to start ONE thread with your questions in it...we'll answer one, and then the next time you have a question, post it in the same thread...call it "Questions about Hector (ongoing)" or something like that. :D

A lot of rats take time to relax enough to eat outside of the cage, and will only eat inside the cage. In time this could change and you will have a rat trying to steal the food on the way to your mouth :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh.. sorry didnt mean to offend.. I just thought each new type of question would be a new thread.. :-( Thanks for the reply tho :)

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Oh.. sorry didnt mean to offend.. I just thought each new type of question would be a new thread.. :-( Thanks for the reply tho :)
No offense taken, it would just be easier for everyone :) We have something like this going for a newbie-ish on another forum...and its going very well...others are learning as they read along as well :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
No worries Jimmie, the more questions a newbie rat parents asks about their new baby, the more concientious and thoughtful that person is about wanting to do all the right things for their ratty, so it is a good sign to ask a lot of questions! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts