Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many new(er) people here I thought it would be fun to group here and talk about our user names. Why did you choose your user name? Would you change it now? What would you change it to?

**I chose Purple Hops because I like the color purple (big surprise:rolleyes:) and I randomly chose Hops for my bunny love. When I signed up in 2008 (sheesh time flies!) Lisa (vanilla rat) was with me and I wanted to pick something quick so I could just get started. I guess I'm too used to it to change it now. On every other website and forum I use Acacia and variations on her name. Sometimes I add in Akina or Coco...So to keep things mixed up I wouldn't change Purple-Hops.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
The name I wanted (which I can't remember what it was) was taken and CanadianCritter was the only thing I could think of. I don't actually like my username.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Nibbler for my first hamster, who was an exscape artisit

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
There was a thread like this awhile ago,but it got pushed back and I can't find it. But that is okay since there are new ppl here now.

I don't like my user name. I picked it in 2006 when I joined,Vanilla because I love vanilla things and Rat for obvious reasons. My passion for rats. It actually used to be Vanilla_Rat,but I was lucky enough to be able to have the _ taken out.

On other forums/sites I am Valkyrie, Blueberry, NLIslander and VikingPrincess and would rather be one of those names here,but everyone knows me as Vanilla here...so I am good/fine with it.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
My user is my name IRL. :p Yup, I know... SUPER original.
I chose it because I knew I would never get sick of it though, LOL! I'm either Jess or Jess4921 on all the accounts I have.

·
Resident Zoologist
262 Posts
"Toirtís" is "tortoise" in Gaelige...I am half-Irish and speak Gaelige, and my favorite reptile has always been tortoises, which I have kept dozens of over the years. I started using the handle online 16 years ago, and remain the only "Toirtis" online, so I use it in all the forums I frequent.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Mine's my name. Shocker huh?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Sasami is the name of an anime character and it was my nickname from sixth grade into high school :lol:. I don't really use this user name anymore, I generally go by "Sami", "swolek", or "Anonymous Kinkajou".

I would change mine if I could, I chose it in 2004 :lol:.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Mine is my name in real life as well, i would probably change it to messi cause thats what i change everything to now that i have him. the name of my wireless, the passwords to many things.. haha.

·
It's all for them
603 Posts
I don't remember why I chose somebody the day I joined, I was just cruising around looking for pet forums that day, but I like it so I am happy. :)

I like all of yours who posted and said you don't like them any more, they are all so original. VanillaRat, Nibbler, canadiancritter, Purple-Hops? I think they're cool, they show creativity.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
I am pinkie1205 everywhere.

pinkie because I'm a pink floyd fan and back in the day (maybe even now) if you were a pink floyd fan you were a pinkie. 1205 because it's my birthday, December 5th

·
Registered
238 Posts
my username has nothing special about it.

I used to be Lady Bloody Skull or CaffinatedVampire (still mah hotmail though) but both were usually too long for username's. So one day, in the shower where all brilliant ideas crop up, I thought of 'BarkingPup'. I used it as my username on my computer to get used to it and liked it so much I transferred it once we got internet.

There's only one other BarkingPup that isn't me somewhere else. Everywhere else... it's definitely me. Shelfari, tailfeathersnetwork, deviantart, fanfiction, etc. I even used it as my gmail address.

The silly thing about it is I don't particularly like dogs XD I wouldn't want to change it, no one else ever uses it.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool!! I didn't expect so many responses over night :) Thanks guys! They're all neat names, I like the originality too

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ciaraoxox because Ciara is my name... and I just added oxox to it on my youtube because ciara was taken... so I guess I just use that for everything now. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The name I picked for here is pretty simple, it's for my baby. My husky's name was Angel Rose and she was born in September, which has Sapphire as a birthstone. I always do something for at least one of them, I usually combine her name with my other dog, Brenna, but this is the first username I've created since losing her, so I wanted to honor her specifically. I generally use RavenRose or RoseRaven, as the book I took Brenna's name from said it meant "little raven", which is why I chose it for her.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like rats and chinchillas, I also own both. Put together, I have Ratchilla. Not to mention if you say it with a Japanese accent (totally not meant to offend anyone) it's a play off of Godzilla (obviously). And I mean really, who doesn't love Godzilla? I grew up on those movies, lol.

Heck no, why would I change awesomeness? ;)

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Ratcheeraaaaah! :monkey: <-----(dancing dinosaur)

I've been on forums for enough years to remember listservs. I've been a professional storyteller for almost that long. I've been "Storyseeker" online for almost as long as /that/.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts