Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the rodent lover<3
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/loca...eorgia_mom_forced_son_to_kill_hamster/124626/

WARM SPRINGS, Ga. – A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.

Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/loca...eorgia_mom_forced_son_to_kill_hamster/124626/

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Ugh! That's just SICK!

·
the rodent lover<3
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is.. I wish my mom hadn't told me about it, lol. Now I can't stop thinking about what kind of sick twisted women would do that. :confused:

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
OMG! Thats horrible!
And I thought it was mean that Theos old owners made their daughter give him away for bad grades... I would never imagine that some one KILLED a hamster over bad grades!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I can't stop thinking about it either!

I think it's bad enough to get rid of a hamster for bad grades! Poor kid :(

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Ugh...thats horrible! :mad2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
What is she trying to do...raise a serial killer?

·
I am allergic to maths
1,318 Posts
Thats just sick, I cant believe she could do that :( I read a news article about a boy MICROWAVING his brothers hamster, and, as if it couldnt get any worse, the family neglected to take it to the vet for 24hrs! I dont want to know what goes on in the heads of these deranged people...

·
the rodent lover<3
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, honestly if I was that women I would have just put the boy on punishment or something. Killing an animal - whether it be a hamster or a bigger animal like a dog, is just WRONG. No one should ever do that, especially making their 12 year old son do it? Kill his own friend? These people honestly make me sick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would really love to know what the heck was running through this woman's mind when she said that!
Seriously, making her son kill his pet, that kid will probably never forget that, and honestly, it will scar him.
I hope he doesn't blame himself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank God, I have the kindest mom in the world. She never taught me to kill anything and would tell me always that pets are like babies they need to be taken care of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts