Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Messi's rash is finally gone for good.

I decided to buy him one last spray at petco, its active ingredient is the same as in people face wash for acne! Benzoyl peroxide, well benzoyl alcohol in his, but same thing.

i got it for him maybe 2 or so months ago, after 2 days all spots were gone and i have stopped spraying him with it about a month and a half or 2 months and no spots have returned. It appears that he just had crotch acne! lol.
:rolleyes:

At least i found something that really works.

· Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wish it didn't take a year and 5 vet trips to do so. they thought it was irriation from shampoo and allergies and staph infection and puppy dermititis and red mange. Rarrrrr finally a $11 dollar bottle of spray worked.

· Registered
91 Posts
Just out of curiosity...every time you go to the vet, do you have to pay? Or are check-ups free and you only pay for shots & treatments? Up here all of my pup's shots are free but getting him fixed in September is gonna cost me $250. Just want to be prepared for when we go back South.

· Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Vet prices can vary so much depending on where you live and depending on the vet clinic. The normal price to neuter dogs at my dogs vet is between $500 and $600. We unfortunately live in an area where vet care is pretty expensive though.

Kendalle that is too bad you had to make so many visits to try to figure out what's wrong with him. At least in the end it turned out to be something cheap to treat though! Buying $11 bottles of spray is a lot better than having to keep buying a bunch of expensive meds from the vet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.