Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you leave your dog with an amateur "dog lover"? Online dog care communities (Rover.com, Waggit.com) are growing rapidly across the country, utilizing mostly amateur "dog lovers" who sell their dog sitting services on these sites. Have you thought about using this type of service? Why or why not? What would you like to see on this site in order for you to feel comfortable using it? For more info, here's Rover's latest TV commercial: www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=Xg1snh0ozrQless

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do not think that I would be comfortable with something like that. Whenever we go on vacations, we will leave our animals in the care of friends/family/neighbors, or every so often, a dog sitting place that we have physically been. This either includes our vet or specialty dog sitting buildings that we will thoroughly inspect. I think it is too stressful to leave dogs with these people because they do not know the people, and they are cramped in a place with a whole bunch of other dogs or animals.
I looked up reviews about Rover, and apparently no one has had any bad experiences with them, but it still leaves me uneasy. I'd actually enjoy a job like that. ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree with Juno. We have not at this point had to leave for an extended period of time, but if we did, we would have someone come here and take care of our 'critters'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts