Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
You should, it is great and keeps odors down a lot more than just aspin. And for my bun I use more of the YN than pine shavings now and I am slowly getting her used to it alone. It absorbs pretty well even for a bunny!! I need another litter scoop now on Friday so I can scoop it out, the buttons and pee clumps. I like it a lot. I won't need to buy another bag of YN this check day, maybe in 2 weeks as I have a good amount left!!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Gwenda (family friend) is bringing out aspen & YN for me tommorrow! Which is also cage day again ^_^ Great timing :lol:
I can't wait. She said its a 20lb bag...guessing thats a LOT !!

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
YES it is, take into consideration it is pelleted newspaper...so it will be quite a lot...I am SURE it will do you a WHILE!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I just got some and started useing it today, So fare the only thing that has worried me is my ratties not being confy, So i've put more softy yous and beds in for them just in case. So fare i like how easy and dust free it is. Has anyne noitced them trying to eat it?? I give my rats a pellet food mix and i'm pretty sure once they teaste it they will change their minds but should i be worried??

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
you dont need to be worried about them eating it, for one they are going by smell not look like you do, and another its just paper, it wont hurt them, it breaks down and they wont eat much of it as it doesnt taste good. mine dont eat it

The only thing i dont like is that its loud if they run around in it. but when i dont have them in my bedroom i am going to switch to it too, and have more beds for them with comfy stuff to sleep in.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My rats don't eat it.I mix aspen with YN and that makes it a bit comfier then just YN.I also add blankies for them too tho!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I use Breeders Choice Kitty Litter(the Aussie equivalent of YN) and love it....i alternate the mice between BC and kiln dried pine....the rats i use BC (cause they love to rifle through it and they throw the shavings everywhere *L*)

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
i couldnt use towels for my rats, they would chew them and drag them everywhere... they would only last a night i think heh.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah,I once covered one of my cages with a towel,because I thought my rats wanted privacy something like covering bird cages...this was years ago,when I first got rats and the next day,the towel was half way thru the bars and ruined!!

So I only use towels now if I WANT them to be ruined or don't care!

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
:lol: YUP I had the same thing BUT it was a towel nearby the cage and over night they dragged in as much as possible. Never have that happen again!! WELL Almost had my PJ pants destroyed but them in time ;) Now I just give them towels or anything I don't care about getting torn up, like Lisa mentioned :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I've put old shirts and stuff in my cages now (ran out of YN) and so fare knowone has really "killed" thier shirts. Only Topaz pulled every little shirt up to the top level:rolleyes: and has made a bed out of them lol So she has a bear bottom tank :rolleyes: I'm thinking of adding more so maybe she will run out of room but knowing her... not ganna happen lol.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts