Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone has their own different ideas and ways of housing their rodent pets.. for me, my one pair of gerbils consisting of the male, ace, and the female, emily, and their newly born 7 pups live in a large box (approximately 4ft by 1.5ft, and 2ft high) with tunnels coming out into a hut and than going straight up into a bird cage hanging from the ceiling.. my other gerbils, the two males max and rosco have a 3 foot bird cage on its side with tunnels coming out the top and into a gerbil cage.. both groups love the room they get to play around in.. what kind of ways do you house your pets?

Attachments

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
interesting :gerbil:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've never seen a setup quite like that. Neat. :)

We use aquarium setups for all of our animals because they're just the most convenient. Our hamster has his own 20g long tank, and our two gerbils share the other. Our two mice are in a 10 gallon. If we had more room, it would be fun to have bigger cages and connecting containers like yours!

·
Registered
25 Posts
that's sweet dude, how'd you come up with something as wicked fun looking as that?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used to have GIGANTIC connectors of crittertrails and tubeing all around my room for two dwarf hamsters, but after Ramen hit pregnancy and she got STUCK in a tube I said..yeah this will go away now. XB;;

·
Registered
25 Posts
aww she got stuck? lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's awesome, congrats ^ ^ I wish you luck in having a healthy litter full of adorable little babies :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
They came early! I was expecting her to get bigger but i guess not.
Im not sure how many are there now, maybe 8 or more!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow! Very nice and original.
Must be hard to clean.
How do they get up there? The tube seems so long and vertical! How about down? I don't know much about gerbils, but my hamsters would surely plummet head first to the very bottom in such a thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Pics of my teo Degu cages.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts