Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
beaded animals :) basically things like this picture (google image) i enjoy making them

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I used to like painting but lost faith in my abilities and also space!! I still have many of my painting things but that is on hiatus until we have a bigger place.

I used to write a lot of stories or poetry but it stopped when I started school and had less time. I feel something explosive might come out me this week, however, with the emotions I feel from losing my dog..

Me and my bf like to make Perler Bead decorations. google image it (or search the threads around here for some examples I did) We make them and put them on the wall. They're fun to do, colorful and since we both love 2D animation and Nintendo it suits us well :)

I think my most favorite hobby is pets. I love researching pets and I love taking care of them. It always has been my hobby, with mice, fish, hamsters... Now all I have is a bunny and a fish but I still love looking up things on all types of animals and spend so much time in the pet stores.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
My biggest non-animal related hobby is: writing letters (penpalling). Been doing it since 1999. Met some interesting people that way...some turned out to be great friends,others not so much. But I truly enjoy it. A letter from a friend sure beats junk mail and bills.

Plus it is easy for me to pick up a pen and express myself to my pals. It is also very interesting to learn about other people's lifestyles or cultures or traditions. I write to people in the USA mostly and mostly prisoners...but also I write to people in Germany, Holland, England and am happy to say I have a new one in Iceland.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
My biggest non-animal related hobby is: writing letters (penpalling). Been doing it since 1999. Met some interesting people that way...some turned out to be great friends,others not so much. But I truly enjoy it. A letter from a friend sure beats junk mail and bills.

Plus it is easy for me to pick up a pen and express myself to my pals. It is also very interesting to learn about other people's lifestyles or cultures or traditions. I write to people in the USA mostly and mostly prisoners...but also I write to people in Germany, Holland, England and am happy to say I have a new one in Iceland.
if your into penpalling, have you tried www.interpals.net :) i found all my penpals on there.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I like horseback riding and drawing, but I don't have very much time to do either right now. :( I love to take pictures though! And do pet-related things too LOL. I have so much fun decorating cages!

·
Super Moderator
325 Posts
I used to go to martial arts classes, but the school in my town closed down. I'm still deciding what I want to try next.

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
Hobbies eh ?

Well I have had so many hobbies in the past , maybe too many. But that might have something to do with my aspergers.

But in all hounesty I game most of them up after many years , becauseI thought I was getting nowhere and wasting my time. I used to go to lectures two days a months , but I gave up on them too. Geology and Cacti

Everything is mainly affected by the fact that I dont drive and have to cycle everywhere. But unfortunately I am starting to slow down now , my joints are none to better or my sleep at night and i'm finaly putting on weight.

So what do I do ? Bugger all realy :lol:

Photography , cycling , Limited Gardening and Conservation work , waste time hoping for a miracle to happen on the internet , Pets and a new one since 2007 late.

Graffiti ! !

It's easier than drawing pencil line art on paper for me now , what with my hands the way they are now.

Also after Christmas I liek to randomly drag dumped christmas trees back to my flat , chop the branches off and shredd them through a chipper into a blue Ikea bag. I have a bag full now and will spread that around on the paths on my Guerrilla Allotment on the local Railway Park.

In fact I am never happy unless I am doing something completely pointless that has absolutely no benefit to me whatsoever.

I've sort of forgotten most of my past. Mainly because I dont have any friends RL to talk about myself and remember the stuff.

If you think that I am complaining too much , yes you are right , but that comes as standard with being British , we're a right miserable lot we are.

:thumbsup:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Toky, what you wrote fits me pretty well! :D I like to do menial tasks as well, just to keep busy! I'm only 24 but my joints are seizing like I'm 80. The christmas tree thing is very good bc you are recycling :)

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
When I grew up as a small child I only had an uneconomical Dimplex oil filled heater to keep me warm. When my father did decide to get his wallet out. He only put storage heating in.

My bed was next to and I slept next to a cold wall for many years on a SW corner of a maisonette. It was'nt until about 1997-99 I decided to move my own bedroom into the middle of the room. But I did'nt have any room to walk around hardly , and that was just a single bed.

The room was damp and to rub it in I grew to over 6 Ft in height. I'm 6ft 2 1/2.

I left home in 2000 at the first outside opportunity and went into lodging with an old widow that I used to and still do her garden , when i'm feeling up to it. But the damage is done.

Blah

blah

:blah:

Tugging various ropes I managed to get my own Council flat in 2004. I have central heating now . I also got the lol hinternets that year.

Joined Cabbit Patch and Paw Talk of course.

Found a hooj massive pile of Christmas trees in town today

" Jackpot " !

Cant realy do much about it though.

I have to go up country on Tuesday to go to my Great Aunt Audrey's funeral. She died on Christmas day =~.~=.

Well she was 96.

Hobbies ?

Umm . .

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've taken up knitting. There is something very satisfying knowing I can make my son virtually anything he should need for warmth or play, AND I can make him things that would cost me $20...$30...$40...$50.. to buy it, yet it merely costs me the price of the yarn itself. That's also pretty darn satisfying!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.