Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well spring time is here and our garden is about to be put outdoors. Last year wee went crazy on zucchini. We have a 5 pounder. :shock: And this year we are planting more. So I have been collecting Zucchini recipes and can't wait to try them this year. But in the mean time we can share and collect zucchini recipes.:yes:

Here is a Zucchini salad- I use alot less mayo than what they recommened.
1 cup finely shredded zucchini
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 chopped walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

place zucchini in cheesecloth or strainer. Squeeze out excess moisture. In a bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix well cover and refrigerate at least 1 hr or overnight. Serve with crackers or veggies.

My husband didn't even know there was zucchini in it. I like to add some shredded rotisserie chicken to it and one fruit like apples or pineapple and another veggie like celery.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Do you know a good zuccini casserole? Anything baked... my man will only eat it if it's cooked in something :D

DO you have any casserole dishes in general you want to share??

·
Registered
187 Posts
Have you ever tried it on the grill?

sliced zucchini
minced garlic
small pat of butter

Wrap in foil and slow cook on the grill. Absolutely delicious and nothing couild be easier!

P.s. A friend recently made us a mock apple pie using zucchini. Unfortunately, I don't have the recipe but I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere. I liked it even better than apple pie. It was nutrtious AND delicious!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts